we got to hear the heartbeat again today. i really really like hearing it. very few things make me beam inside... but i suppose this is one of them. "that's MY kid!" ;)
the babycenter update for 13 weeks:
Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce. As you start your second trimester, most of your baby's critical development will be completed and your odds of miscarriage drop considerably.
random press conference:
q- what made you decide to test?
a- i was late, but i forced myself to wait till it was waaaaay late. so i had that feeling but i didn't let myself think it till testing.
q- food cravings/repulsions?
a- hmm. i really want some long john silvers, but i think it's because LJS is 27 or so miles away and i'm just hyping it up. ground beef grosses me out right now. i had ground turkey yesterday and i wasn't too keen on that either.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hi joolobstah! (and hi rob!)
Hooray for making a prego blog. That's pretty cool. I'd mentioned in LJ that I had a few books to recommend, and thought I'd just put them here. I'll also impart a few words of "wisdom" - if that's what you wanna call it.
First of all, and people may disagree with this little bit of advice, but man - put away the "what to expect ..." book. I remember going to the bookstore to buy that when I was prego with Jack, and the book just freaked me out. I see you get the babycenter emails. I love that website :) It definitely has lots of answers to questions parents-to-be have, but delivers the information in a less intimidating manner than the WTE books. I felt like the WTE books were all about in-your-face ways of convincing you that you are going to give birth to a mutant. Pregnancy is scary enough, but that book nearly pushed me over the edge!
Second, there are two books that were lifesavers for me. The first was this one: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Bargains-7th-furniture-maternity/dp/1889392251/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204948251&sr=8-1
Joo - you'll LOVE this book. I kind of liken it to a consumer reports book written by parents, for parents. Worth every penny.
This book was recommended to me during my first pregnancy by at least six people: http://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Baby-Wise-Nighttime-Becoming/dp/1932740082/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204948392&sr=1-1 I really admire the principles in this book, and didn't always follow it to the letter, but dang if it didn't help me to identify behavior patterns (hungry, tired, etc.) in my kiddos. This book proved especially helpful in determining a schedule for the kids, which was essential as I took both Jack and Rory to work with me until they were 7-months old.
Another tip: Target has awesome maternity clothes :) Between them and Old Navy, you should be set! (although my all time favorite pair of maternity jeans did come from motherhood, but they were NOT the $20 ones they always advertise. But let me tell you, they were worth every penny of the $40 I paid for them!)
I'm totally rambling, but I want to leave you with this: You guys are going to be wonderful parents! Go easy on yourselves - this is your first time. Sure, it's scary as all heck, but you'll be in for some of the best times of your life. Congrats :D
I am so happy for you guys! Garrett came in to wake me up the other night to tell me the news. He was pretty excited. You guys will be great parents. It changes your life in such a great way. I guess we will have to plan a trip home in the fall/winter!
Love,
Kim
Post a Comment