Wednesday, March 12, 2008

the Incubator!!

so more ppl know now. they smile and then their eyes fall to mah belly. i didn't expect *that*. it's unnerving! i know i should just get used to it.
i also get randomly hungry. it doesn't even make sense.

babycenter week 14 update:
Welcome to the second trimester! This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces.

2 comments:

Chick 1 said...

tee hee... I'm all giggly for you!
I wanna see PICTURES!! Lemme see the baby belly!!!! :)

JennyUnderpants said...

So, let me give you the primer now so you can cry and be overwhelmed later.

There are multiple schools of thought regarding baby sleep. 1) Attachment Parenting (AP). Parents soothe the baby to sleep, whether that involves nursing or rocking the baby to sleep. Parents also cosleep with the baby. 2) Putting the baby on a schedule. When the baby's old enough, teach them to self-soothe with Cry It Out (CIO for future reference) 3) Some mixture in between.

I think the best approach is to investigate all three methods and decide which one is right for your sanity and your baby.

Option 1: Dr. Sears and the No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley are good places to start

Option 2: Dr. Ferber, and Dr. Weissbluth's Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child are where you would start.

Option 3: Jodi Mindell's Sleeping Through the Night and the BabyWise book that was already suggested to you are good places to start.

I know babies who've been raised on all three methods, and none of them are evil demon spawn :) My personal methods often end up being AP, which takes longer, but I feel like it's better for my soul because I'm too weak to hear my babies cry.

Have I completely overwhelmed you? Stay tuned for Breastfeeding 101 :)