Monday, June 16, 2008

childbirth class 28

First few thoughts – oooh, look at all the pregnant ladies in one room! Awww, look at all the baby daddies. :b It was a good class. I thought there’d be more focus on breathing techniques, but I guess we’re supposed to practice them on our own. That’s fine, I was too giggly in the class setting anyway. In the backburner of my mind was the fear of labor. Seeing the slides brought that fear to the forefront. How is it I can coo at March of the Penguins, or A Panda is Born, but when it comes to humans, I’m thinking, “ohhhh, that’s messed up.” And then I have conversations with myself - “think of it as a rite of passage.” “shut up joo.” It was funny how a huge chunk of Saturday was about drugs and when you can take them. And during breaks, all the ladies lined up for the bathroom.
We got to tour the delivery rooms – they were nice! I saw the mattress was vinyl and thought gross thoughts about that. maybe we need to watch some gorey movies to harden ourselves. The carnage! The horror! (The laundry!) Rob gets to see me at my best. :b
Oh, I inquired about getting non-rooftop parking at work and T quoted me the prices. But then he changed my parking permit anyway. I did NOT throw out the pregnancy card, though I was gonna.. way to work the system, ooj!

2 comments:

JennyUnderpants said...

a) It's totally different when it's your baby and your birth experience.
b) When it comes to books, you will end up throwing everything you read out the window and play it all by ear. Trust your mommy instincts over the blowhards who tell you that you're like a tree heavy with fruit.
c) I hope you're ready for cake.

j & r said...

when it comes to cake, you are not half-assed. :P